Fans of Dead To Me have had to wait a very long time for new episodes of the show, but after a torturous wait of two years, Jen and Judy are finally returning to Netflix with the much awaited third season of the show.
Dead To Me (Season 3): Plot Synopsis
According to the official logline for the series, “in the aftermath of yet another hit and run, both ladies get devastating news, and are ready to sacrifice their lives for a friendship that is beyond the law,” the sentence in question may be found in the previous sentence.
The third season of “Dead to Me” begins in the immediate aftermath of their hit-and-run, with Jen ending up in the hospital as a result of the incident. Judy hasn’t lost her aloof nature, and neither has she lost her sarcastic sense of humor.
When Steve’s (James Marsden’s) body is found, the inquiry into his disappearance finally gets into high gear and gets to the bottom of what happened to him. Judy and Jen are, without a doubt, in the lead position when it comes to attempting to find a way out of all of this mess.
We don’t want to give away too many spoilers about what happens, but all of the unfinished business is resolved, and where Judy and Jen end the season may come as a surprise to you.
Dead To Me (Season 3): Episode 6 Recap
- As a result of her cancer diagnosis, Judy has temporarily relocated to Charlie’s room. Her care will be provided by Jen, and Charlie is settling in to the guest pool house in the backyard at this time.
- During the time that Jen is driving Judy to her chemotherapy appointment, the patient has come to the realization that once her treatment begins, she will enter menopause, which will put an end to her desire to have children.
- After having a conversation with Ben, Nate is looking into the matter. He is now aware that Jen’s house is the source of the bird. Consequently, he leaves the house and looks for the bird, which he eventually locates in a store.
- He then reasons that this must be the murder weapon. He confides in Detective Perez, who is aware of what transpired, and the fact that she assisted in covering up Steve’s death has put her professional standing in jeopardy.
- Jen starts crying and tells Detective Perez about her sister Judy’s stage four cervical cancer that has progressed to her liver when she is confronted about it by the detective.
- In the meantime, Jen is completely consumed with fear and anxiety about Judy’s treatment for cancer. A friendship is formed between Charlie and Judy when Judy offers Charlie cannabis gummies in exchange for an additional pillow.
- Francine, Judy’s nurse, has been a tremendous source of solace for her during the course of her treatment with chemotherapy, which has now lasted for three months.
- After getting to know one another, Judy learns that Francine passed away from a major heart attack on the very last day of her chemotherapy treatment.
- Jen is successful in persuading her buddy not to grieve about Francine but rather to rejoice in the fact that her cancer treatment is at an end.
- They do a significant amount of mushrooms. I really do mean a great deal. During the course of many minutes, a montage of them acting like stupid teens who are really high on kites plays out. It is of little use in the end, as the shrooms begin to take effect, and she has a vision of her mother reliving her final days with cancer.
- Jennifer makes arrangements for her son Charlie to take her to the emergency room.
- Henry, the child she has the least responsibility for, is left in the care of Judy, who is also under the influence of mushrooms at the time. Despite this, we are then treated to one of the most heartwarming scenes in the history of the show.
- Henry commanded Jen and Judy to construct all of those paper cranes because he read in a book that if you release them into the sky, you can make a wish to Christ. The only difference is that Henry wants everyone to send well-wishes for Judy’s speedy recovery. Why? Because he views her as a substitute for his own mother.
Dead To Me (Season 3): Episode 6 Reviews
The situation is particularly dire for Jen and Judy. The emotional strain of dealing with cancer and pregnancy at the same time is too much for all of us. And what is even more interesting about the narrative is the revelation that the baby is Ben’s, whose uncle Jen was the one who was killed by being beaten to death in her own swimming pool.
To be fair, he drowned, but even so, his death was a tragic loss. The ironies that have been building up throughout this season are about to blow your mind.
The announcement that she was pregnant came after the mushroom high, which was one of the funniest sequences we had watched up until that point. As soon as Judy mentioned the mushrooms in the car during the third episode, the door was opened for the chance that something similar may take place. Feldman and company deserve praise for incorporating this anxiety-relieving segment in the midst of such a tense event.
The use of the word “we” in the titles of all of the episodes in this season is something that is shared in common, and that was demonstrated in full flow in this episode. The episode “We’re Gonna Beat This Thing” struck the ideal combination of comedy and drama, which is something that the majority of television series can only hope to achieve. The most impressive of the bunch to this point.
Dead To Me (Season 3): Release Date
The third season of the Netflix original series Dead to Me will premiere on the streaming service on Thursday, November 17, 2022, at midnight Pacific Time in the United States.
As is the case with the vast majority of new releases on Netflix, the new season will be made available at the same time all around the world and for fans who live in various time zones.
12am PT in the US
3am ET in the US
8am GMT in the UK
9am CET in Europe
1:30pm IST in India
7pm AEDT in Sydney, Australia
Dead To Me (Season 3): Total Episodes
There will be a total of ten episodes in the third season of Dead to Me.
Fans of the show who have been following it since the beginning should not be surprised by this number because each season of Dead To Me has also had 10 chapters.
Fans will also be thrilled to learn that all 10 episodes will be released at the same time as part of a single binge-watchable package, as opposed to being split up into two parts like we saw with the first season of Stranger Things in 2022.
However, on a downer note, season 3 of Dead to Me will also be the final chapter of the series, as it has been revealed that the series will be coming to an end with this batch of episodes; however, fans can expect many more twists and turns to come before the credits roll for the final time.
Dead To Me (Season 3): Cast Members
It is fortunate for us that Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini will be appearing in future episodes of the series given how essential a role they play in the narrative of the show.
Applegate received a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis in 2021 while she was working on the development of season 3. (MS).
On Twitter at the time, she reflected on her experience by writing, “It’s been a wild voyage.” “However, I have been given an incredible amount of support by others in my life who also have this disease. The journey has not been an easy one. But as we all know, there is no end in sight to this journey. Unless some jerk blocks it, of course.
“We wake up and take the action that is indicated, as one of my friends who has multiple sclerosis put it, ” This is also something that I do. Now, therefore, I would like some privacy. As I work my way through this process. Thank you xo.”
In a prior interview with Netflix Queue, Cardellini expressed how much she appreciated talking about how much she loved playing the role of Judy. She said, “There’s so much darkness to her, but she has a buoyancy and resilience.”
“She takes everything in stride, but in the heat of the moment, she is all unplanned. Because she’s just Judy, you can make an excuse for any of her problematic behaviors. She acts on her emotions without regard for the consequences, which is the source of all of her problems. Playing with it is a delectable experience.
We can anticipate that a large majority of the supporting cast will return as well, with James Marsden playing the character of Ben, Steve’s almost-identical brother, in his new position. In addition, we might see some new faces join the group. As per usual, we will keep you updated as soon as we have any further information.
All of the following characters are anticipated to make a comeback: Charlie (Sam McCarthy), Henry (Luke Roessler), detective Ana Perez (Diana-Maria Riva), Nick (Brandon Scott), Jen’s neighbor Karen (Suzy Nakamura), Jen’s former real estate partner Christopher (Max Jenkins), mother-in-law Lorna (Valerie Mahaffey), and Pastor Wayne (Keong Sim).
It appears as though Michelle, whose role on the program was played by Natalie Morales, will not be returning.