Alfred Thomas Highmore is a British actor who now plays the part of Dr. Shaun Murphy in the television show “The Good Doctor.”
In addition, he is a producer for the series, and he has also written and directed episodes for it.
Also Read: Bria Henderson (The Good Doctor Cast): Biography, Career, Family, Interview, Social Media, Net Worth And More
- 1 Freddie Highmore: Childhood And Family
- 2 Freddie Highmore: Role As Dr. Shaun In “The Good Doctor”
- 3 Freddie Highmore’s Salary For His Role in “The Good Doctor”
- 4 Freddie Highmore (The Good Doctor Cast): Career Details
- 5 Freddie Highmore: Awards & Achievements
- 6 Freddie Highmore (The Good Doctor Cast): Friendships And Dating Life
- 7 Freddie Highmore: Interesting Facts
- 8 Freddie Highmore (The Good Doctor Cast): Net Worth
- 9 WATCH Freddie Highmore Interview!
- 10 Freddie Highmore: Social Media
- 11 Freddie Highmore (The Good Doctor Cast): Personal Information
Freddie Highmore: Childhood And Family
Highmore was born on February 14, 1992 in Camden Town, London, to a family with a background in the entertainment industry.
Both of his parents are in the entertainment industry; his mother, Sue Latimer, is a talent agency who represents performers such as Daniel Radcliffe and Imelda Staunton, and his father, Edward Highmore, is also an actor.
Bertie is the name of the man who is his younger brother. The neighborhood of Highgate in North London is where he calls home. Highmore received his primary education in Hampstead Garden Suburb, which is located in Hampstead.
He then attended Highgate School, which is an independent school, before continuing his education at Emmanuel College in the University of Cambridge, where he earned a Double First in Spanish and Arabic.
Freddie Highmore: Role As Dr. Shaun In “The Good Doctor”
Freddie Highmore, a British actor who is now 28 years old, has played the role of Dr. Shaun Murphy, an autistic surgical resident, on the medical drama series The Good Doctor, which debuted on ABC in September 2017 and has since become a ratings success.
Freddie, who does not have autism himself, assumes the part of an autistic character on a famous television show on a network, which is a position that he takes extremely seriously, and one that he has been praised for performing incredibly well in many different situations.
Fans of the show The Good Doctor are aware that Shaun may frequently be seen standing with his hands clasped in front of him over the course of the show. Freddie claims that this was done on purpose in a very deliberate manner.
Freddie Highmore’s Salary For His Role in “The Good Doctor”
The staggering amount of $350,000 per episode is what Freddie Highmore makes for his work on “The Good Doctor.”
More than a decade has passed since Highmore began working in the entertainment sector. In addition to that, he has starred in a number of successful movies and television shows.
As a result of his performance on The Good Doctor as Dr. Shaun Murphy, he has become one of the television industry’s highest-paid performers. The amount of money that Highmore makes per year is evidence of both his talent and his widespread acclaim.
Also Read: Hill Harper (The Good Doctor Cast): Biography, Career, Net Worth, Children, Social Media, Real Estate, Awards And More Details
Freddie Highmore (The Good Doctor Cast): Career Details
- Freddie Highmore had roles in a few movies throughout the decade of the 2000s, including “Finding Neverland” (2004) and “Five Children and It” (2004). His performance as Charlie Bucket in the film “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” from 2005 brought him a lot of attention and acclaim.
- Tim Burton not only directed the movie but also appeared in it alongside one of the most famous actors in Hollywood, Johnny Depp. The movie was a smashing success at the box office.
- In the British-American comic drama film “A Good Year,” which was released in 2006, he appeared in a supporting role. The film was both directed and produced by Ridley Scott, and it was largely inspired by Peter Mayle’s novel of the same name, which was published in 2004.
- The following works by Highmore are scheduled to be released in the following years: “The Golden Compass” in 2007, “The Spiderwick Chronicles” in 2008, “Astro Boy” in 2009, “Master Harold… and the Boss” in 2010, and “Justin and the Knights of Valour” in 2011. (2013).
- In 2013, he was chosen to play the main character in the psychological horror drama series “Bates Motel,” which airs on television in the United States. The series served as a prologue to Alfred Hitchcock’s movie “Psycho,” which was released in 1960.
- On the other hand, in contrast to the movie, the events of the series take place in the present day. The show ran till 2017 and was quite popular throughout its run. Applause was showered upon Highmore for his performance as the deranged killer Norman Bates.
- One of Highmore’s most recent works is the movie “Hiding Patterns,” which was released in 2016, and in which he had the starring part. In addition to that, he was a significant character in the British miniseries “Close to the Enemy” (2016) and had a supporting role in the television movie “Tour de Pharmacy” (2017).
- As of the year 2017, he has also taken on the role of the protagonist in the television drama series titled “The Good Doctor.”
Freddie Highmore: Awards & Achievements
Highmore was awarded the Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Young Performer two years in a row, beginning with the year he was nominated for his appearances in the films Finding Neverland and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
When Highmore first started working on Bates Motel, he did not go unnoticed, and he finally won a People’s Choice Award for his efforts on the show.
Highmore was nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Performance by a Television Actor – Drama for his work in The Good Doctor; however, Sterling K. Brown’s work in This Is Us won the award that year. Highmore’s effort in The Good Doctor earned him the nomination.
Freddie Highmore (The Good Doctor Cast): Friendships And Dating Life
Daniel Radcliffe, who plays the role of Harry Potter and is three years older than Highmore, is a friend of Highmore’s. According to Highmore, Radcliffe is a close friend of the family. Sue Latimer, who is Highmore and Radcliffe’s mother, is the agents for both of them.
It is possible, at least in part, that the fact that Highmore has not been active on social media has contributed to the fact that his private life has remained secret.
Abigail Breslin, Dakota Fanning, and Emma Roberts are just some of the younger actresses who have been linked to him in rumors of a romantic relationship at various points in time (with whom he co-starred in a 2011 movie, The Art of Getting By).
But other than unsubstantiated conjecture, there is little evidence to support the notion that any of these relationships were on a more serious footing.
Freddie Highmore: Interesting Facts
- He is an actor from the United States.
- His wealth is estimated to be close to $4 million.
- He has been involved with a number of different people in the past, but as of right now he is single.
- His birthday is February 14, 1992 and his birth year is 1992.
- He stands at a height of 1.78 meters.
- His bodyweight is 72 kg.
- Sue Latimer is the name of his mother.
Freddie Highmore (The Good Doctor Cast): Net Worth
Freddie Highmore is a well-known English actor who has accumulated a net worth of $8 million over the course of his career.
Highmore got his start in the entertainment industry as a child actor, making appearances in movies such as “Finding Neverland” and “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.” During this time period, he was the recipient of a great deal of praise from the media as well as a number of accolades.
Freddie began his transition towards adult roles in the 2010s, when he had an appearance on the television series “Bates Motel.” He was successful in gaining a number of accolades for his performances once again.
The year 2017 marked the beginning of Highmore’s starring role in the series “The Good Doctor,” for which he once again garnered a variety of distinctions and accolades.
WATCH Freddie Highmore Interview!
Freddie Highmore: Social Media
On Instagram, Freddie Highmore has amassed more than 31,300 followers. He frequently shares photographs and films of himself along with his family and friends, as well as photographs and movies taken behind the scenes of the numerous projects he works on.
Additionally, Highmore utilizes his Instagram account to promote humanitarian causes on the internet, such as the UNICEF and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Highmore is an exceptionally gifted musician in addition to his career in the film and television industries. He is an accomplished musician, having written original music for his most recent films, August Rush and The Good Doctor, as well as playing the piano and guitar.
Highmore has stated that one of his primary interests is music, and he has expressed the desire to publish an album in the not too distant future.
Following Freddie Highmore on Instagram is always a good idea, regardless of whether he is starring in a box office hit movie or sharing a touching video on the platform.
Freddie Highmore (The Good Doctor Cast): Personal Information
|Age||30 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||February 14, 1992|
|Full Name||Alfred Thomas “Freddie”|
|Birthplace||Camden Town, London, United Kingdom|
Read More: The Good Doctor (Season 6): Release Date, Plot And Reviews Of Episode 8, Where To Stream? WATCH PROMO!