A lightsaber was probably one of the few things that Kevin McCallister didn’t have on hand when he came up with imaginative ways to defend Macaulay Culkin’s character’s home from intruders in the movie “Home Alone.”
On the other hand, the actor has made amends for this by participating in a Star Wars–themed social media advertisement in which he has a pretend duel with his real-life partner Brenda Song.
Macaulay Culkin & Brenda Song In a Funny Star Wars Commercial
In the brief video uploaded to the internet, the couple can see their sleep disrupted by their infant child’s sobbing. A game of rock, paper, scissors, and lightsaber is played as they debate over who should go to put the baby back to sleep as they are in the middle of their argument.
Macaulay Culkin first appeared as a kid actor in films such as “Uncle Buck” and “Home Alone.” The actor stopped acting in 1994, citing the necessity for a “regular existence” as the reason for his decision.
In spite of this, a decade later, Culkin started making guest appearances on shows such as Will & Grace and supplied voice-overs for Seth Green’s Robot Chicken. After spending a number of years working on advertising and independent movies, the actor has recently had something of a renaissance in his career. In the second season of American Horror Story, he made an appearance.
It was in August of 2020 when he uploaded a post commemorating his 40th birthday, which he exploited to make a lot of people feel a lot older than they really are. His presence on social media was thought at that time.
It eventually rose to the ninth spot on the platform’s all-time list of posts with the most likes. In the post, he stated, “Hey guys, want to feel old? ” (Hey people, want to feel old?) I’m 40. Thank you very much.”
The remark was made in reference to the amount of time that has passed since he portrayed the classic part of Kevin McCallister in the movie Home Alone. He re-enacted this role two years earlier for an advertisement for Google Assistant.
Who Is Macaulay Culkin?
- Macaulay Culkin has been acting since he was a youngster, appearing in stage productions and films such as “Rocket Gibraltar,” “Uncle Buck,” and the very popular “Home Alone” series. He is best known for his portrayal of a bright and likeable child in these roles.
- In spite of the great recognition and success he experienced as a child, he had yet to have a particularly lucrative career as an adult. He became distracted by a wide range of profitable but pointless endeavors, which ultimately led to his exit from the entertainment industry.
- As a direct result of this, he was never able to truly achieve the same level of accomplishment that he had when he was a child. This little prodigy was able to acquire Michael Jackson’s admiration, and Jackson went on to become his close friend and confidante.
- After a short break from the entertainment industry, he tried his hand at it once more with the films “Party Monster” and “Saved,” but neither of these projects were successful in establishing his reputation in the entertainment industry.
- In spite of this, he has been caught in a number of personal snares throughout his life, such as getting arrested for the possession of a prohibited substance and being at the center of the scandal surrounding Michael Jackson’s molestation trial.
- Aside from his career and the scandals that have surrounded him, he has also been linked romantically with the actress Rachel Miner and the celebrity Mila Kunis.
Macaulay Culkin & Brenda Song: How Did They Met?
Changeland, a film written by Seth Green and directed by Seth Green, featured Macaulay Culkin and Brenda Song in starring roles. After a photographer took a picture of them enjoying dinner at Craig’s, a prominent restaurant in Los Angeles in the month of July, rumors began to circulate that they were dating after the picture was taken.
They were photographed at Knott’s Berry Farm in late September with their previous director and his wife, Clare Grant. The outing took place at the farm. Song and Culkin were seen walking around hand in hand.
In the year 2020, Green stated to Esquire that he was surprised to learn about the romantic connection between Song and Culkin, adding, “I didn’t see that one coming.”
Culkin stated in the same interview that he was always waiting for the “other shoe to drop” in his relationship with Song because it was going so well in the beginning when they first started dating.
He continued by saying, “And it’s constantly going to drop.” “It looks like something horrible is going to happen. Someone’s going to die!”
In December of 2017, Song had a meeting with Paris Jackson, who is Culkin’s goddaughter.
During their trip to France, the couple was spotted hanging out with the model Paris Jackson, who is also Michael Jackson’s daughter and Macaulay Culkin’s goddaughter.
Would It Be Possible For Macaulay Culkin To Appear In A Star Wars Film?
In recent times, Culkin has been undergoing something resembling a resurgence. In the episode “American Horror Story: Red Tide,” in which he had a supporting part, he delivered a powerful performance that was filled with passion and intensity in a way that had not been seen from him previously.
This might make Culkin the ideal choice for a position on the dark side based on previous Star Wars projects and characters, which would make him eligible for the job. If the performer so desired, he could provide a believable performance as a Sith apprentice.
His character on American Horror Story is a hopeless romantic who has an insatiable appetite for power. Therefore, the part of a Force user who serves the evil side would be an appropriate one for you to portray.
He could even take on Darth Revan’s redemption arc in a live-action role, which would involve him making his way from the dark side of the Force to the light side of the Force throughout the course of the story.
Even voice acting is something Culkin has done before. In the Netflix series Entergalactic, he provided the voice for the humorous character Downtown Pat.
Culkin possesses the range necessary to pursue any part that is now available in the Star Wars world, and the series will have many opportunities available to it through its upcoming ventures. Despite the fact that Disney decided not to release the Rogue Squadron movie as planned, it would be interesting to see him dressed in the recognizable orange jumpsuit.
The untitled film that Taika Waititi is working on would be a better fit for Macaulay Culkin, though, because Waititi is the director who is most likely to make the most of Culkin’s comedic agility.
If Culkin wants to participate in a Star Wars production, it is up to him to make it happen and see if he can get cast. Since his role as Kevin in the Home Alone movies, he has enjoyed a career that is best described as understated.
However, the evidence presented by the actor’s performances in American Horror Story and Entergalactic demonstrates that not only has the actor maintained his talent over the years, but he has also strived to improve his craft.
According to his Instagram post, the Star Wars fandom does extend to his household; he is a fan and has his own pair of lightsabers, so seeing him gun for a role in the Star Wars universe would be warmly welcomed by both the fanbase and his family. Seeing him gun for a role in the Star Wars universe would be warmly welcomed by the fanbase and his family.
Macaulay Culkin: Net Worth And Career
- Macaulay Culkin, sometimes referred to as Macaulay Macaulay Culkin Culkin, is a model and actor based in the United States.
- Macaulay Culkin has amassed a net worth of $18 million as of the year 2022. Macaulay was a well-known face from the 1990s and was most known for his work as a child actor during that decade.
- On the countdown of the “100 Greatest Kid-Stars” that was compiled by VH1, Culkin came in at number two.
- In addition, he was considered for a further two categories, namely the MTV Movie Awards and the Young Artist Awards, both of which he ultimately did not win.
- Macaulay Culkin, then a child actor, played the role of Kevin McCallister in the hit movie “Home Alone,” which was released in the United States in the 1990s.
- The enormous success of the picture paved the way for the production of a large number of additional sequels in the years to come.
- In addition, Macaulay Culkin received his nomination for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for his performance in the film Home Alone.
- Other movies such as My Girl (1991), The Good Son (1993), The Nutcracker (1993), Getting Even with Dad (1994), The Pagemaster (1994), and Richie Rich (1994), among others, put him in starring roles.
- Culkin is also well-known for his role as co-founder of the New York comedic rock band The Pizza Underground, which he did in 2013. The band was established in 2013. He was the band’s vocalist until its dissolution in 2016, when the band broke up.
- Culin is presently the publisher and CEO of Bunny Ears, which is a satirical pop culture website and podcast. Bunny Ears was founded in 2010.