When Gossip Girl was at the height of its popularity, Bravo made the decision to introduce fans to the actual teenagers that attended Upper East Side prep schools with the premiere of NYC Prep in June of 2009.
Imagine Laguna Beach on the east coast, but with even more money, more expensive sushi dinners, and less people wearing bikinis and attending theme parties.
The six young stars, Peter Cary “PC” Peterson, Jessie Leavitt, Kelli Tomashoff, Sebastian Oppenheim, Camille Hughes, and Taylor DiGiovanni, dined and dated, spent massive amounts of money, and sweated SAT scores during the one season of the short-lived series. As a result, the New York Post dubbed them “New York’s rich and bratty” and “snotty hotties.”
After more than ten years have passed, the long-forgotten relic of reality television history is finally getting its opportunity to shine. Viewers couldn’t resist returning to NYC Prep when Bravo just aired the first season in its entirety.
And after binge-watching the exploits of the overly affluent and overdramatic high school students, we couldn’t resist checking back in on PC, Jessie, and the rest of the gang to find out what they are doing today to see what they have been up to since we last saw them.
- 1 Peter Cary “PC” Peterson: Current Location
- 2 Jessica “Jessie” Leavitt: Current Location
- 3 Camille Isobel Hughes: Current Location
- 4 Kelli Brooke Tomashoff: Current Location
- 5 Sebastian Oppenheim: Current Location
- 6 Taylor DiGiovanni: Current Location
- 7 NYC Prep: Reviews
- 8 FAQs
Peter Cary “PC” Peterson: Current Location
PC was cast in the role of Chuck Bass, the notorious bad boy of the Upper East Side, and he regrettably succeeded in playing the part to perfection. He was aggressive, impolite, and a disagreeable person in general.
PC was always saying that he wanted to change, but he never put in any effort to actually do so. It was evident that the guy was going through a lot of struggles at the moment. No one appeared to like him. Even his purported best friend Jessie appeared to despise him at various points.
View this post on Instagram
PC tied the knot with a woman in Las Vegas in 2018, and theirs is an extremely contemporary union (Tiffany Trump served as the flower girl). His wife is quoted as saying, “Peter and I are not romantically involved – in fact, we are still dating others and will continue to seek love in all forms – we are just each other’s hearts and wish to begin our journey towards evolution, because the more we face reality, the more we can see that there is no right or wrong.”
She also added, “We are just each other’s hearts and wish to begin our journey towards evolution, because the more we face reality, the more we can see that there is “P.S. We have never engaged in sexual activity. It’s unadulterated platonic love.”
Jessica “Jessie” Leavitt: Current Location
Jessica, commonly known as Jesse, was a student at the Dwight School. She had a strong interest in fashion and realized early on that this was her true vocation. Therefore, she started making early advances into that area by participating in internships and a charity fashion show, both of which helped her gather experience that was quite helpful.
Jesse preferred to keep her status as the elder member of the cast, thus other than that, she didn’t spend much time hanging out with the other cast members, with the exception of PC.
Her passion in her work, combined with the fact that she treated herself very seriously, was what ultimately led to her acceptance into the Fashion Institute of Technology in 2009.
Following her graduation, she went on to secure a number of well-paying jobs, the most recent of which was apparently a position as a visual merchandiser for a luxury company based in New York City. In June of 2019, she also tied the knot with Jason Brown, who works in the investment industry.
Camille Isobel Hughes: Current Location
Camille was known as the “Blair Waldorf” of NYC Prep due to the fact that she was extremely intelligent and quite serious about her future. She had her sights set on attending an Ivy League school.
But because of her participation in the short-lived reality program, Camille ended up changing prep schools during her senior year. As a result, she was not accepted into Harvard, which was her top choice for college.
Camille made the decision to leave the Big Apple after she graduated from William & Mary, a public Ivy, and go to the west coast to work for Arbonne, a vegan wellness firm. This move was prompted by the fact that Arbonne is vegan.
In 2014, when Camille moved from one coast to the other, she humorously tweeted about the transition, “It’s like Lauren Conrad and I are exchanging places #lagunabeach#nycprep.”
Camille is still employed by Arbonne in the role of senior manage brand and product development. In addition, she is in a committed relationship that has lasted for more than six years.
Kelli Brooke Tomashoff: Current Location
Kelli went to school on the Upper East Side of New York City at the Birch Wathen Lenox School, although she wasn’t very interested in her academic pursuits. Instead, she devoted the most of her attention during her teenage years to planning out her future career as a singer.
While her parents made their home in The Hamptons, she shared an apartment in New York City with her older brother, who was then a teenager. She was highly accomplished as a vocalist and possessed a voice of amazing quality.
She went so far as to engage a world-renowned voice coach in order to better herself and her chances of launching a career in singing.
Kelli debuted as a solo artist in 2011 with the release of her debut track, titled “Gave Up On Love.” The song was a huge success with listeners and landed Kelli a spot on the Billboard Breakout Hot Dance Club chart. It is difficult to determine if she has continued her path as a vocalist given that she has not released a new song since that time. Nevertheless, she is a singer.
Sebastian Oppenheim: Current Location
At the time of his performance, Sebastian was a sophomore at Ross School in East Hampton, New York. His father, Jeff Oppenheim, is a director, producer, and writer in the theater and film industries.
During his time on the show, Sebastian had just one thing on his mind: pursuing romantic relationships with female cast members. Aside from school and talking about it with his pals, all he talked about and did was hooking up and dating. He didn’t even talk about school.
View this post on Instagram
After thereafter, Sebastian earned his bachelor’s degree in International Relations at the College of Charleston in South Carolina in 2015, where he concentrated his studies on the continent of Africa. In 2013, he also worked as an intern for the show “Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen.”
Currently, he is the Head of Real Estate at Rove Travels in New York City. Since 2019, he has been happily married to media star Skyler Bouchard, and he is now also well established in his married life.
Taylor DiGiovanni: Current Location
Taylor was meant to play Dan Humprey, but she ended up playing Jenny Humprey instead. The observer from the outside looking in. Taylor, in contrast to her fellow cast members, had attended a public school, and she was embarrassed to confess it (and others looked down on her for it).
She was in a love triangle with Sebastian, who attended private school, and her boyfriend from her public school. As far as I can recall, she thought very little of either of them.
Unfortunately, the rumor that can be found on the internet suggests that Taylor is currently drug addicted and is living on the streets of New York City while beggaring for money.
13 I am unable to affirm or refute this information; therefore, I do not know whether or not it is true.
NYC Prep: Reviews
- The fact that the series is essentially a young adaptation of The Real Housewives without the complexity of the characters’ issues is NYC Prep’s greatest flaw.
- For instance, the show makes an effort to create drama out of public school student Taylor’s attempts to integrate herself into the social scene, which refers to the lives of the snotty prep school kids who are envious of her.
- However, this has largely been unsuccessful so far, in part because we are all aware that the only reason she is dating Sebastian is because of the show. It’s possible that bringing up her ex-boyfriend may make things more intriguing, but it does feel like it was staged, as does the whole love triangle thing.
- In spite of this, there are a lot of awkward situations that end up being quite funny, such as when Sebastian calls out Camille for having something in her teeth when she is talking to him or flirting with him, or when Sebastian is amazed to learn what a philosopher is. They are what keep the show running until PC arrives, so thank goodness for them!
- PC is the most complicated and fully developed character out of the six main characters, maybe due to the fact that he is older, and in large part due to the fact that he is really capable of speaking in complete words.
- On the other hand, Sebastian mumbles nasally phrase fragments in between flipping his hair while seemingly waiting for a girl to shut up so that he may hook up with her. When she finally does shut up, he hooks up with her.
- Only in the second episode did he reveal his belief that people hide their true selves and use gender-neutral pronouns when discussing dating (“someone”).
- At the same time, Amanda, one of PC’s other ex-girlfriends, revealed to us that “he needs to get a little more comfortable with himself before he can date.”
What happened to Kelli from NYC Prep?
Kelli Brooke Tomashoff finsihed her high school. She is getting ready to pursue her passion. She announced that she is going to sing professionally.
Where is Camille from NYC Prep?
A former neuroscience major, Hughes now works for the vegan wellness brand Arbonne International.
How many seasons of NYC Prep are there?
There is only 1 season in NYC Prep.
Did Camille get into Harvard?
She didn’t go to Harvard.
Who are the parents of NYC Prep?
Jeff Oppenheim, producer, writer, a theater and film director, and Djida Oppenheim are the parents of NYC Prep.
When did NYC Prep come out?
NYC Prep was released on 23rd June 2009.