Shahmaran, the passionate love story starring Serenay Sarkaya and Burak Deniz, will hit the streaming platform in the early years of 2023, according to the announcement made by Netflix on the premiere date of the film.
Sarıkaya and Deniz will be supported by talented personalities such as Mustafa Uğurlu, Mahir Günşiray, Ebru Ozkan, Mert Ramazan Demir, Hakan Karahan, Nilay Erdonmez, Nil Sude Albayrak, and Berfu Halisdemir.
The first teaser trailer for the show was released, and it was directed by Umur Turagay, written by Pnar Bulut, and produced by Timur Savc and Burak Sayyar on behalf of TIMS & B Productions.
Shahmaran: Plot Synopsis
“Ahsu has made it her mission to confront her grandfather in Adana, where she would be giving a lecture, because he deserted her mother many years ago. During the course of her voyage, she finds herself in the midst of an odd and strange community known as Mar, which is descended from Shahmaran.
“The Mar race eagerly anticipates the arrival of ahsu so that the historical prophesy might be fulfilled. The Mar believe in the mythology of Shahmaran, which is considered to be one of the greatest emblems of love and knowledge. When Ahsu’s path collides with Maran’s, all that has come before will no longer apply.
Both Serenay Sarkaya and Burak Deniz, who recently acted in the romantic drama film “Don’t Leave” that was released on Netflix, are the leads in this show. The cast comprises Mustafa Uğurlu, Mahir Günşiray, Ebru Ozkan, Mert Ramazan Demir, Hakan Karahan, Nilay Erdonmez, Nil Sude Albayrak and Berfu Halisdemir.
The show is written by Pnar Bulut, and Umur Turagay is in charge of directing it. The producers are Timur Savc and Burak Sayyar, who go by the company name TIMS & B Productions.
The History of Shahmaran
- There were species of snakes that spent their entire lives underground thousands of years ago. These snakes, who were known as Maran, had high intelligence, compassion, and lived in harmony with one another. The name Shahmaran was given to the royal family of the Marans. Shahmaran was an absolutely stunning young lady.
- According to the urban legend, Cemshab was the very first person to set eyes on Shahmaran. He was the kid of a low-income family that made their living by selling wood. Cemshab and some of his buddies went exploring one day and found a cave that was full with honey. Cemshab’s companions had brought him there to extract the honey, but then they abandoned him there so he could obtain more.
- Cemshab spotted a gaping hole in the cave’s ceiling and realized that light was coming in through it. He used a knife that was in his pocket to enlarge the hole, and when he did, he beheld a garden that was more beautiful than any other he had ever seen in his life.
- In this garden, he discovered exotic flora, ponds, and a good number of snakes. He established a long-term residence there, which won Shahmaran’s confidence. Years later, he said that he was homesick for his family and pleaded with them to let him go.
- Shahmaran consented to release him on the condition that he make a solemn commitment not to discuss her location with anybody else. Cemshab fulfilled his end of the bargain with Shahmaran by visiting his relatives.
- He remained true to his word and did not let anyone know where Shahmaran was over all those years. The health of the country’s Sultan deteriorated suddenly one day. The vizier said that the only way to cure the ailment was to consume Shahmaran’s flesh, and the rumor quickly spread throughout the land.
- The location of the well was revealed by Cemshab, and it was then that Shahmaran was discovered and rescued. In the words of Shahmaran to Cemshab, “Blanch me in an earthen dish, give my extract to the vizier, and feed the sultan my meat,” Cemshab was instructed. As a result, the vizier passed away, and after the sultan had recovered, he appointed Cemshab as his new vizier.
- A number of people have theorized that Shahmaran once resided in the region. The first was that she was from the province of Tarsus in south-central Turkey, and the second was that she was from the province of Mardin in southeast Turkey. The residents of these cities often decorate their homes with Shahmaran paintings and place them on their walls.
The Ay Yapim-produced television series has Serenay Sarkaya and Burak Deniz in the starring roles of the main characters.
Netflix is going to distribute the series, which features an amazing narrative. The crew of “ahmaran,” which began filming a month ago, has arrived in Mersin at this point. Following the events that took place in Tarsus, the group is expected to relocate to Datca, according to the information.
Fans of the show are particularly interested in learning more about the chemistry and dynamics between the lead actors. The excitement level skyrocketed once Serenay Sarkaya and Burak Deniz came face to face with one another.
In addition, there are master names throughout the series. One of them is Ebru Ozkan, who became involved in the most recent story. Later on in the production, Ebru Ozkan, who portrayed the mystic role of avgec in the series, was participating in the shooting.
Mert Ramazan Demir, Mustafa Uğurlu, Mahir Günşıray, Mehmet Bilge Aslan, Nil Sude Albayrak, Berfu Halisdemir, Ayşe Lebriz and Nilay Erdonmez are featured among the cast of the series.
Beran Soysal, who portrays Gokhan, the son of the character Yusuf, played by Mustafa Uurlu in the TV series cerde, has also joined ahmaran. Mustafa Uurlu is the actor who portrays Yusuf.